Updated: Dec 19, 2018
Summer is finally here! I'm on holidays by the sea in Victoria and I hope you are about to enjoy a relaxing break too. My Christmas gift to you is a few of my favourite drinks - a selection of the best pink wines for 2018, as picked by wine app Vinloco, and a recipe for the ultimate Bloody Mary. Whether you are at the beach, in the snow, in the city or the countryside for the Xmas break, I hope you have love, a lot of laughter and good wine.
love, Cassie xxx
5 Best Rosés
Wine app, Vinloco, draws together info from wine shows across the country to come up with the best wines in every grape category based on the number of medal wins they've had. Here are their top 5 picks for best rosé for 2018. For the full list of 20, pop over to their website here.
Best pink wines for 2018
1. Deep Woods Estate Harmony Rosé 2018 ~ $14.99
2. Bird in Hand Pinot Noir Rosé 2018 ~ $20
3. Shingleback Haycutters Salmon Rosé 2018 ~ $18
4. Shingleback Aficionado Rosé 2018 ~ $13
5. Blue Pyrenees Bone Dry Rosé 2017 ~ $17
Best Bloody Mary Recipe
After rosé, my favourite brunch drink is a Bloody Mary. I hope Jamie Oliver won't mind me sharing his recipe...
2 parts Vodka
4 parts organic tomato juice
½ part of lemon juice (to taste)
4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
4 dashes of Tabasco (or hot pepper sauce)
1 pinch of fleur de sel (or sea salt)
1 pinch of black pepper
1 stick of celery 1 bunch of aromatic herbs ice , cubed
1. Add plenty of ice and all of your ingredients to a shaker or stirring glass
2. If you're using a shaker, tilt it backwards and forwards a few times to mix the ingredients without making the drink frothy. If you're stirring, you can do so vigorously
3. Pour the mix into a glass. Top up with fresh ice if it's not quite full
4. Add your garnishes. Any fresh herbs and a celery stick work well
5. Tabasco tip: if you're making Bloody Marys for a group of people, make a jug without spice and let people add their own Tabasco. Some like it hot, others not so much!